Building a home from the ground up is an exciting process. There are countless pieces to consider, from style and aesthetics to practical layout considerations and future family growth. We do our best to work closely with our customers to ensure they create a home that not only fits them now but well into the future. Our Personal Value List is an invaluable tool in accomplishing that goal.
That said, there’s no such thing as preparing too well for your homebuilding process. That’s why we connected with homeowners who have been through the process to ask them what they wish they had known or done before building their home, so you can learn from them.
- “I wish I had spent more time preparing for my design and color appointment. The options were amazing but also overwhelming!” It’s great to take some time before your color and design appointment to give some thought to your preferences. Our Pinterest board has some great ideas, and knowing what you like, don’t like, and aren’t sure about is a great starting point to whittle down from.
- “I wish I had stopped by more Open Houses, especially for the floor plans that I was considering.” Open Houses are invaluable resources for experiencing exactly how your future home could feel. It’s one thing to look at an interactive floorplan or gallery, it’s something entirely different to walk through it in person. We host a variety of them for a wide range of floorplans.
- “I wish I would have prioritized my wish list for customizing my dream home.” Your Personal Value List is our way of figuring out what you really, truly want in your future home. That said, some things are more important than others. Making your list in order of priority gives more clarity to what matters most and what there’s some wiggle room on.
- “I wish I had spent more time using the interactive floorplan feature on the website.” The next best thing to seeing a home in person is using our interactive floorplan tool, which lets you explore our custom floorplans from the comfort of your couch.
- “I wish I had spent more time brainstorming before my final design meeting.” As mentioned, our Pinterest account is a great resource for coming up with ideas for your preferred home style. Sites like Houzz are also extremely useful in helping homeowners determine what they want the look and feel of their house to be.
There may be an endless amount of questions to answer and options to consider when building your dream home, but we will do our best to ensure you are well prepared and end up with a house you truly love. Contact us today to get started!
ladic.info is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 40 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.