The holidays are , and it seems like this time of year brings a new excuse to party almost every weekend! Is your home well equipped for company? When you are ready to build a new home, talk to a custom home builder that can make your home perfectly fit your family’s needs, including entertaining! Check out some of the great ways ladic.info can make your custom home something to celebrate.
Kitchen: The Heart of the Home
Have you ever noticed that when you have a party, everyone gathers in the kitchen? Even if it’s a dinner party! That’s why the kitchen is considered the heart of the home. Most of our floorplans feature open-concept kitchens that flow freely from kitchen to dining area to family room for optimal entertaining. Your guests will be able to join you in the kitchen for drinks and hors d’oeuvres while you cook, and then easily move from dining area to after-dinner entertainment in the family room. Some features to consider when customizing your open kitchen include:
- Large island: Many times, you’ll find friends and family gathered on barstools more than sitting at your dining table. The informality of the space combined with the ability to talk to the chef makes the kitchen island hugely popular. The extra prep space and storage it provides is just a bonus.
- Point-of-service refrigeration: Specialty units, such as wine coolers, and refrigerator drawers give the host (and guests) better access to beverages and foods waiting to be served. They also provide more precise refrigeration based on need.
- Flat-screen television: This feature can stir controversy. If you like having the option of watching TV as you cook or eat, it’s a must. However, if you prefer conversation, you may want to pass.
- A beautiful and functional sink: From pull-down or even touch-free faucets to undermount sinks, there are many features that make this essential clean-up area both appealing and time saving.
- Large pantry: Nothing will make a cook ooh and ahh like a generous pantry. This space stores kitchen gadgets you’d rather not have on your countertop and all the extra food you might need for visiting guests or get-togethers.
Family Room: Custom Comfort
The family room is all about comfort. Even if it’s large, it should feel cozy, lived in and comfortable. This is also likely the place you want to put your entertainment center, which can be cleverly incorporated in a way that takes the focus off the TV and shines the light on your well-designed room.
- Entertainment center: From game consoles to a wide-screen TV, your entertainment center can be designed to provide a dedicated space for these home theater essentials while integrating seamlessly with your home’s décor.
- Fireplace: Nothing ups the cozy factor as much as . The surround or mantle can make all the difference in the feel of the room. A natural stone surround will feel rustic whereas a traditional wood mantle will deliver a classic feel to the room. ladic.info also offers an art niche option to frame your favorite artwork above your fireplace.
- Invite the outdoors in: If you have a deck or patio, consider Atrium or sliding doors to access it from the family room. Large windows with transoms are also a favorite, inviting in natural light.
Basement: Game On!
A finished basement can add lots of usable square footage to your home and provide a retreat for adults and kids alike. Design a that can host movie nights, pool tournaments, football parties, sleepovers and play dates.
- Open shelving: From books to board games, built-in shelves allow you to store almost anything in a tidy fashion.
- Bar area: Why venture outside when you can create your favorite bar at home? You can make the basement bar area distinctively yours by adding a stone front or custom built-ins. You will love inviting friends over for drinks, food and great company. Plus, you can keep an eye on kids playing or watching movies nearby.
- Your game of choice: Foosball or pool? Pinball or arcade game? The options are endless. Whatever you choose, be sure to plan your lighting accordingly to allow players to play their best.
- Home theater: Stadium seating with cup holders, multiple screens or 3D televisions can take your home theater experience way beyond what even your local movie theater can provide.
Twofer the Holidays Promotion
By now, you probably have all kinds of ideas swirling in your mind of how you could customize your Wayne home. And, here’s some added motivation to make your dreams a reality—the ladic.info Twofer Holiday Promotion, happening now through the end of December only. Learn more about this great offer and what fun customizations you can add to your home with this promotion. From luxury bathrooms to gourmet kitchens, you’re going to love all the possibilities!
ladic.info is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer 40 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.