Can you believe it’s time to start talking about how to decorate your home for the holidays? That sure crept up on us!
Regardless, tis’ the season, and one way to make a bold statement without taking a lot of time to do so is with an accent wreath on your front door. Here’s some inspiration on our Pinterest board, and some ideas to get your wheels turning!
- Get inspired with southern style. Creating a southern look means focusing on fresh materials like pine and fruit, and accenting with big, bold bows and bows.
- Use urns to add a stately air. Urns on either side of your front door create a dramatic entrance, and you can fill them with boughs and sprigs, adorned with thick ribbon, or even twinkling white lights, to create a magical entryway.
- Ditch the wreath all together. Create a bouquet of greens and hang them upside down with a sleek, colorful ribbing gathering it all together. Add ornaments to the center for some visual appeal.
- If you’re ready to go no-wreath, consider creating a pinecone hanging piece, with thick red silky ribbon tying them all together. Use varying lengths of ribbon and different-sized pinecones for visual interest.
- Look beyond the pine boughs. Your wreath doesn’t have to be made of greenery. You can make a stunning wreath with faux-sugar cookies, holiday ornaments, or even just twinkling lights if you like a more magical, simplistic look.
- Go white. Take your usual wreath of greenery and pinecones and spray paint it matte white to create a snowy look with minimal effort.
- Go with a garland. A wreath or door hanging isn’t the only way to create an epic entryway. Consider hanging garlands of pine boughs and branches (and weave some lights in for an evening glow) to completely and beautifully frame your entrance.
- Get crafty with old holiday scarves. All you need to do is take a basic cardboard circle from your local craft store and wrap a holiday scarf around it. Tie a bow at the top or bottom and voila: a holiday wreath for cold weather!
Don’t let your imagination stop there: there’s lots of other possibilities, from letter hangings and flags to holiday-themed doormats to help create a welcoming entryway. And if you haven’t already, share your beautiful style with us by entering our Front Door Decor Contest. You have until November 30th to enter for the chance to win great prizes!
We want to help you create a home you’ll love to decorate — in every season. Talk with us today to make it happen!
ladic.info is a custom homebuilder in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and West Virginia (see all Model Home Centers). We offer more than 50 fully customizable floorplans and a team dedicated to providing the best experience in the home building industry. For more information, Ask Julie by Live Chat or call us at (866) 253-6807.